Hebburn Town 1-3 Tadcaster Albion: Brewers safely through in FA Cup

Tadcaster Albion players celebrate  (Photo: Ian Parker)
Tadcaster Albion players celebrate (Photo: Ian Parker)

Tadcaster Albion saw off Northern League side Hebburn Town in the Emirates FA Cup extra preliminary round on Saturday afternoon.

Goals from Jimmy Beadle, Paddy Miller and Liam Ormsby saw the Brewers to a 3-1 victory.

Albion will now go on to face North West Counties side Colne FC at home in the next round on August 29, meaning the crunch league clash against Worksop Town will be rearranged.

Albion boss Billy Miller made three changes from the midweek loss to Parkgate with Joe Thornton, Danny Stimpson and Adam Baker all dropping out for Andy Milne, George Conway and Josh Barrett.

It was Taddy who started on the front foot, going close just two minutes in as Paddy Miller’s low fizzing free-kick from the right required Town goalkeeper Gary Rogers to get down quickly to his left and push to safety.

Albion were knocking hard at the door early on and almost made it 1-0 as Josh Barrett’s pace down the right hand side allowed him to smash a searching cross low down the corridor towards Josh Greening, however, the striker couldn’t divert his stretched effort on target.

Tadcaster Albion's Nick Black (Photo: Ian Parker)

Tadcaster Albion's Nick Black (Photo: Ian Parker)

Five minutes later Taddy were ahead when Nick Black cut inside his man and rolled it towards Jimmy Beadle lurking thirty yards from goal, Beadle struck an incredible shot first time into the top right hand corner.

Taddy continued to look dangerous when on the front foot, and in the 19th minute Paddy Miller knocked the ball round the opposing full-back before pulling it back to Josh Greening who’s strike was just off target.

Just four minutes later Taddy almost got a second as Beadle’s shot was fortunately blocked into the path of Josh Greening, who found himself one-on-one with the goalkeeper although his side-footed shot was well saved.

Hebburn then created their first chance of the match as Kyle Morris cut inside and bent one just wide of the goal.

Tadcaster Albion's Josh Barrett (Photo: Ian Parker)

Tadcaster Albion's Josh Barrett (Photo: Ian Parker)

An early goal at the start of the second half was the perfect scenario for Billy Miller’s men, who duly obliged; netting twice in the opening thirteen minutes of the half to all but wrap up the tie.

Taddy’s second goal came from a free-kick on the right-hand side as Miller’s left-footed delivery ended up evading all and nestling into the back of the net to double Albion’s lead.

Seven minutes later and it was three for Tadcaster. Nick Black drew the opposing defender in to committing a foul inside the box and Liam Ormsby stepped up to stroke the ball into the bottom right corner.

Although the tie looked done and dusted, Hebburn managed a consolation goal as Josh Allan deflected Shaun Reay’s shot away from Gary Stevens and into the back of the net.

Tadcaster Albion: Stevens, Armstrong, Milne, Heath (c), Miller, Barrett, Ormsby (Claisse, 78), Beadle, Conway (Bissett, 84), Greening, Black.

Subs not used: Wrigglesworth, Thompson