UPDATE: Fire at Ripon house

editorial image

A blaze at a Ripon home in the early hours of the morning started in a tumble drier, the fire service has said.

The fire happened at a mid-terrace two-bedroom property on Ash Grove and two fire appliances from the city arrived at the scene at around 3.30am on Thursday, January 24.

A fire service spokesman said the occupant of the house was out of the building upon the arrival of the crews, who found heavy smoke logging to the property and fire damage to both the utility and kitchen area of the property.

He added that smoke alarms were fitted in the house but had not been activated by the blaze in the tumble drier, which was located in a utility room.

Crews were due to visit the house again yesterday for further investigations.