An elderly woman had to be saved from her burning bedroom on Wedderburn Lodge after accidentally switching on her heater instead of her internet router.
The woman accidentally set fire to a denim skirt draped over the heater when she mistakenly turned it on instead of her internet router.
A neighbour noticed the smoke and rescued the elderly woman from her bedroom before fire crews from Harrogate, Knaresborough and Boroughbridge arrived on the scene.
Fire crews arrived at the woman's house at around 11.30 am on Saturday, April 16, and used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire.
Breathing apparatus was also used on the woman.