Kitchen fire at Ripon home

editorial image
0
Have your say

A house fire in Ripon may have been caused by an electrical fault, firefighters have said.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service was alerted to the blaze in a kitchen in a property on North Street in the city on Tuesday, February 10, at 4.42pm.

Two appliances and an officer from Ripon attended the scene and used breathing equipment and a hose reel to extinguish the flames, which caused fire damage to the kitchen.

The fire service said the cause of the fire was possibly due to an electrical fault in a toaster.