Dropped light caused fire

0
Have your say

A SMOKER’S dropped light caused a fire on a market square shop front in the evening after the St Wilfrid Procession.

The fire brigade was called to the Edinburgh Woollen Mill shop on Market Place East just before 9pm on Saturday, July 30, when a passerby spotted smoke coming from the front of the shop.

Firefighters arrived to find a small fire outside the building, which they believe was caused by a dropped light.

They used a hose reel to extinguish the flames, which had caused around one metre of damage to the shop front, and returned around an hour later when a key holder arrived to check inside the shop.